Is it possible to make money as an affiliate, or is this just the modern day pyramid scheme?
Yes, you 100% can. In fact, a lot of people have made a very comfortable living doing so. Others have used it as a great way to supplement what they’re already earning.
But it’s not (quite) a button you simply push that funnels money directly into your bank account. Like anything, you need to be smart and strategic about it.
Here is what you need to know.
Who Can Make Money as an Affiliate?
People who make money as an affiliate love it because it’s so flexible. They’re not bound by traditional 9-to-5 office hours. And they can do it from anywhere with an internet connection.
It’s a very popular choice for:
- People who want to break into digital marketing
- Bloggers and VBloggers who want to monetize their traffic
- Students who want to earn some money while they study
- Stay-at-home moms and dads
- Traveling digital nomads
- People who are forced to stay at home because of an illness or injury
- Job searchers who want to have some income while they search
It’s basically perfect for anyone who wants freedom and can commit the proper time and effort.
How Can I Make Money as an Affiliate?
There are a few different ways you can make money. Some of the most popular include:
Amazon Affiliate Stores
This one is insanely popular, for good reason. Everyone knows the Amazon name, everyone trusts it, and you probably have Amazon products in your browser history from the last 48 hours.
In fact, 64% of US households now have Amazon Prime. Yeah, that’s not a typo. Want a piece of that action?
The first step is to find an Amazon Associate provider who will give you the tools that you need to set up everything. Ideally, they should provide you with:
- Ready-made templates that are simple to integrate
- Videos and/or text articles
- All the legal pages/disclaimer templates you will need
- A fully-automated system that will add new products, videos and/or blogs to your site on a daily basis
The turnkey nature of these bundles makes for a quick set-up, and a fast return on your investment, even if you have no previous experience.
This is another popular option that doesn’t require quite as much of the initial investment that you would put towards an Amazon Affiliate program. So it’s good for people who want to hit the ground running, without spending much money.
People love to browse them while they’re stuck at work or when the snow starts to fall in the winter. They’re also the go-to for people planning family trips or destination weddings.
Your affiliate site would help people find the best prices on their hotels, their flights, as well as a few other travel-related services and/or products.
Again, it’s easy to get started and won’t cost you a lot of money.
Video Blog Sites
This is another method that doesn’t require as big of an initial investment.
You need to find a provider who will give you the tools to set up your site with a combination of AdSense, InfoLinks, and ClickBank.
The more successful users out there call it, “Earning on auto-pilot,” because once you set it up, you don’t have to do anything else. It’s fully-automated and will literally earn money while you sleep.
A great example would be this funny dog video site. You can take advantage of his adorableness, and the average dog-lover’s irresistible urge to click these cute videos.
Niche Blog Sites
Niche sites are also an affordable way to cash in on some good web traffic.
These will be especially successful if you already have some experience in this particular niche. Maybe it’s parenting, or cooking, or boating. You can tap into a specific niche and earn a lot of money.
These can be set up quickly, inexpensively, with a potential for a nice big return-on-investment.
Know the Different Types of Affiliate Programs Out There
You can earn money based on traffic in a few different ways:
- Cost-per-click: This is perfect for high-traffic sites. Your commission gets you a small amount everytime someone clicks the site. Clicks are easier to earn than full-blown leads or acquisitions, so the commission is lower.The commission is the lowest of all types, but can really add up in a hurry if you’ve got good volume.
- Cost-per-lead: You get paid each time a visitor follows through on your given call-to-action.This could be signing up for something, or filling out a form with the advertiser, using your affiliate link from your site.
- Cost-per-acquisition: This has the highest payday because you are paid a fixed or percentage-based commission every time a visitor pulls the trigger on an actual buy from the advertiser using your affiliate link.You’re going to see a higher commission because purchases are harder to achieve than clicks and leads. They’re also obviously much more valuable to the advertiser.This system works best in specific niches, where people are arriving at the site pretty much buy-ready and can be convinced to press that buy button today.
Let Us Help You Make Money as an Affiliate
If you’ve read this far, you’re probably very interested in becoming an affiliate and starting as soon as possible. So let’s talk!
We offer our customers powerful and turnkey solutions to set up their own affiliate site and start earning an unlimited amount of money, all paid directly to your bank account.
No previous experience required! You can get started by clicking here to contact us to find out more.